First aid kit - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
First aid kits are used to perform first aid on injured people.
A first aid kit often contains the following items:
- Two pairs of latex, or other sterile gloves (if you are allergic to latex).
- Sterile dressings to stop bleeding.
- Cleansing agent/soap and antibiotic towelettes to disinfect.
- Antibiotic ointment to prevent infection.
- Burn ointment to prevent infection.
- Adhesive bandages in a variety of sizes.
- Eye wash solution to flush the eyes.
- Prescription medications you take every day such as insulin, heart medicine and asthma inhalers.
- A small vial of super glue, carefully used, can close cuts.
- CPR face mask